11 Surefire Ways to Improve Headlines
1) Size matters - keep headlines around 40-70 characters and 6-9 words
2) Don't use periods - our brains are programmed to stop reading after a period
3) Use numbers - but not round numbers (they're too common)! 11... 6.... 21... 9...
4) Use lists - 11 tips for... 6 ways to... 21 ideas for...
5) Write How To statements that promise a solution - "How To ___ That Will Help You ____"
6) Publish a short client testimonial
7) Get personal and demonstrate how YOU've found success - "How I lost over 30 pounds in 2016"
8) Integrate Power and Emotional words such as: breakthrough, confessions, devastating, eye-opening, gift, lavishly, remarkable, six-figure, spotlight, vulnerable
9) Use a mixture of common short words and uncommon robust words - it keeps our brains intrigued
10) Include a time frame - "Gain 1001 New E-mail Subscribers in 3 Weeks"
11) Try out a headline analysis tool - they're not concrete but they help you think more critically of your headlines (and they're fun to play with too)!
http://www.aminstitute.com/headline/ (totally free) https://coschedule.com/headline-analyzer (this one makes you enter your name and email but is otherwise free)
Do you have any other tips? Would love to hear them in the comments!